Date of Event
Glenbrook Blaxland Cricket Club:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:13PM
MASTER BLAST 2019 - Term 4
Starting in Term 4 2019, the Penrith Junior Cricket Association (PJCA) will be running the Woolworths Master Blast, Cricket Australia's National Junior Development Program, as a centralised program to ensure kids get the exposure to other kids and families who are starting or continuing their cricket journey.
* Boys and girls
* Ages between 7– 10 years
* Friday afternoons, 5-7pm
* Jamison Park
WHEN? Over 8 weeks on Friday afternoons during School term 4 (Thursday 25 October – 13 December) between 5:00 and 7:00pm.
WHERE? Jamison Park, Penrith . (map)
HOW MUCH? $99 which includes a hat in your Big Bash team colour and a skills scorecard. Qualifies for the active kids vouchers.
HOW DO I REGISTER MY CHILD? You can fill out the PJCA Master Blast online registration here.
Any further enquires please contact the Cricket NSW rep and organiser Lachlan Steuart 0448 135 188
Woolworths Cricket Master Blast captures the colour and excitement of the Men's and Women's Big Bash League in a fun and fast format. More details (here)
90 Minutes of action
Recommended for kids aged 7-10
At least six weeks of fast-paced cricket games
For kids with basic cricket skills who can bowl with a straight arm over 14 metres
Every kid gets a chance to bat, bowl and field
Wear the colours of your favourite Big Bash heroes in your choice of coloured player cap
Make new friends or organise a group to play together
All equipment supplied, parents join in the fun
It's safe - we use a rubber ball
After learning all the basic skills in Junior Blasters, Master Blasters allows kids to experience modified games of cricket using lighter equipment in a format that is fast paced with equal participation. The program was developed to ensure junior cricketers can progress with confidence to Stage 1 of Junior Formats.
- Introduce participants to modified games of cricket
- Continue to develop skills and techniques learnt at the Junior Blasters level
- Maximise and ensure equal participation for all participants
- Increase kids’ passion for cricket
- Provide another option for families to be involved in Australia’s Favourite Sport
- Ensure families continue to see links to Big Bash teams
- Increases the uptake of volunteers by altering the perception of non traditional cricket families
- Less initial financial commitment due to all equipment being supplied
- Less time commitment due to shorter more flexible games
As participants continue to develop their skills through Master Blasters, they will track their progression on their Master Blasters Skill Scorecard which they receive in their participant pack.